Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rock Climbing - Joshua Tree National Park

Last weekend John took me to Joshua Tree to go rock climbing.

Here I am practicing on a boulder. "Warming up".

Gearing up for the big rocks.

Ready to go.



Here I am belaying someone on the rocks.

This is not a picture of me, but a shot of someone else at the same spot I was on the highest part of my climb. John's hands were full of the ropes supporting me to get photos of this climb. It's about 80 feet high. I climbed three different rocks that day, four if you count the boulder.

Cool huh?

2 comments:

Robin said...

Looks like fun. Mostly, though, I miss the desert!
-Robin

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! You know John has been looking at HIKES for Easter? I tried explaining you don't like to hike, but people are ignoring me. I think they should hike and we're go yarn shopping.