Saturday, February 09, 2008

Cat Tree

I've been wanting a cat tree to put in front of the front window in the living room for our cats for some time now (they like to lay around on the couch in the sun in the mornings and sleep and I don't really want them on the couch cause they leave dirt and hair all over), but every time I shop for them I am discouraged by the price. Tall two tiered cat trees are around $100 which I don't want to spend on that so, I decided to make one yesterday. With my determination and imagination and help from John we were able to build a decent cat tree with materials we already had in our garage. I measured with a tape measure, penciled lines with a square, cut lumber with a circular saw, drilled holes with a cordless drill and set screws with a power drill as did John (we took turns; it was a true team effort).

Here is John in the garage with on of the drills we used.

Here is the finished product. The original plan was to cover it with carpet (we also have spare that in our garage), but we haven't gotten around to doing it yet. The cats seem to like it.

Ta-da!

No comments: