Saturday, February 09, 2008

I Found the Gun

The last couple of times John and I have been out in the desert hiking or what not shooting his gun seemed like a fun thing to do the only trouble was John could not find his gun. I've never been shooting with John, I've never even seen his gun, but I knew he had a gun because he's taken Kevin out shooting before and I've seen the gun case with the gun in it just not the gun itself. Even though it was misplaced I knew it was safe because John keeps it locked while in storage and he knew where the key was just not the gun. I got another itch to go shooting this weekend and the weather is perfect right now so I looked for the gun yesterday and what do you know? I found it! I also found Robin's old turn table that Mom has been storing for her and a wine rack which is something I've been wanting lately. John drove Kevin and me to a nearby, well known shooting area which I knew existed but had never been. I was surprised by the great number of shot gun shells littering the ground. What a weird sight; all the different colors and sizes. We set up some targets (we came equipped with empty soda cans) loaded a couple of clips with little 22s and fired away.

Here is Kevin having a turn.



Here I am having a turn with the gun.

Sort of fun; not as fun as I thought it was going to be; not a disappointment; don't need to do that again any time soon.

No comments: