Saturday, July 21, 2007

Seven Seven Seven

John turned 43 (4+3=7) on July 7, 2007.


For his birthday he planned a hiking trip for us in the June Lake area. So, Friday after work we headed up to Mammoth, checked into our room then went out for a nice dinner at Whiskey Creek. Saturday morning after breakfast we made it over to June Lake for a nice "flat" hike. Not. The trail was not flat! And it was bloody hot! I hate hiking. I didn't give up though even when John said "Let's turn around", many times. Happy Birthday John, I Love You. It was beautiful at the "top" and half way up to the "top" was beautiful too.


We didn't make it as far as we intended, not because I was complaining, but because we ran out of water. So, June Lake hiking is beautiful. I will do it again even if I do hate hiking. After a brief landing at Schat's in June Lake for lunch

we visited the Double Eagle Resort in June Lake for spa treatments and relaxation (a Christmas gift from Mom Bullard, thanks Mom!). After a nice relaxing evening at the spa we drove back to Mammoth, had dinner at the Chart House then went back to our room. The next leg of this particular adventure was driving to Fremont on Sunday to see our new nephew Nathaniel Scott Boberg born June 20, 2007 and gift him with a baby quilt I made. The first one ever!



No comments: