Thursday, April 03, 2008

Spaghetti Squash Bake


In the fall I bought a spaghetti squash because I never had had one before and it was inexpensive. It sat around the kitchen for awhile until I decided to cook it and store it in the freezer. I just wasn't feeling inspired. Earlier this week I decided I was going to make something of it; I was tired of it taking up room in my freezer. So,this is what that squash became ~ Spaghetti Squash Bake. I shopped around online for a recipe and found this one. Put the cooked squash in the bottom of a baking dish, cover it with a jar of spaghetti sauce and cheese (in this case I used fontina because I had some left over from the butternut squash lasagne and Parmesan; same thing) then bake it at 350 for about thirty minutes (covered then uncovered) until it is bubbly and the cheese is melted and a little browned on the top if you like that sort of thing. Oh, and I sprinkled the top with fresh parsley to make it look nice and because I had some left over from the salad. I wasn't expecting much, but WOW it was really surprisingly good. Kevin even ate some and Mom had seconds. It tastes like lasagne and so easy.

No comments: