Sunday, April 20, 2008

California Poppy Reserve

We took a trip on Saturday to the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve. The Poppy Festival in Lancaster was this weekend so I thought it a good idea to go see the poppies. We did not go to the festival. After visiting the Reserve we instead went to see the new Jackie Chan movie, Forbidden Kingdom, starring Jackie Chan AND Jet Li. It's the first movie ever featuring both martial artists and yes they do combat each other. It was a fun movie. I love Jackie Chan.

Thousands and thousands of poppies.

Can you tell it's windy and cold? Brent and Kevin went too, but they took a separate car with some friends so most of the time we spent with them was after to movie at Trader Joe's.

1 comment:

Sox said...

I love the pictures you take of the desert. It reminds me of when I lived in Hesperia. I miss the desert, but not the heat.