Sunday, March 18, 2007

Black Bean Soup

Mary Anne from work gave me this recipe. It's easy and delicious.
Thanks Mary Anne!

Black Bean and Salsa Soup

Ingredients:
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can vegetable broth (chicken will work too)
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned will work)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
maybe a little garlic
sour cream
green onion



Combine beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth (I used a stick blender right in the pot, but a regular blender or food processor will work). Add corn, heat through. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with sour cream, chopped green onion and salsa if any is leftover.

TA-DA! I served mine with corn chips and sliced avocado. Yum!


Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy.
-Robin

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks amazing!! Gonna have to make that this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I made this for dinner last night. It was tasty and soooo quick to make. Using prepared salsa really ups the sodium though, so next time I might leave out the salsa and use it for garnish only.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the ingredients-looks like a still life to hang on your wall! The soup sounds great. I've been eating a lot of black beans. I really like the flavor. Mom