Sunday, September 07, 2008

Blueberry Ice Cream

I've been getting these really good frozen blueberries at Trader Joe's for my morning smoothie and decided they would make really good ice cream too and they did!

Here are the ingredients to making blueberry ice cream minus the sugar, vanilla and salt. I actually used heavy whipping cream and milk, but this is all I had left in the refrigerator for the picture. I think, though, that next time I might just use half and half because the ice cream using heavy whipping cream and milk was kind of heavy.

Cooking the blueberries and sugar.

Blending the cooled cooked blueberries and cream mixture.

John cooling the blended mixture so we could freeze it faster than waiting for it to cool in the refrigerator.

The freezing step. There is Kevin's hand on the stove top and reflection on the stainless steel bowl. He's anticipating the blueberry goodness. After the freezing step we put it in the freezer to freeze the rest of the way while we all went rock climbing. Upon our return we ate some and then we ate some more.

Ta-da! The final result. Pretty lavender colored ice cream that tastes like blueberry.

No comments: